As the commissioners continue working on business carried over from last Tuesday there are new items on the agenda for next Tuesday, Feb. 15th.
Here are some of the primary subjects listed for the workshop, starting at 9 a.m. at the county administration building:
- A discussion about meeting minutes. Usually the agenda simply says approval of minutes. but in this instance the county administrator advises the board will talk about the content of these important public records. Participating in that discussion are the staff, the county attorney and the elected officials. Hopefully as they sort out what does and doesn’t belong in the official record, they’ll get on with some form of broadcasting. That way the public isn’t dependent on anyone, media or otherwise, filtering what took place and the time delay involved in getting minutes approved. As of today, the latest workshop minutes on the county website are from Dec. 21, 2010, which isn’t helpful for anyone trying to stay informed about quickly emerging public policy developments in Cecil County Government.
- One new item that’s going to have the commissioners mulling things over is whether the Cecil Guardian, having met the requirement for a newspaper of general circulation according to their attorney, is now able to publish legal notices. That’s an important source of revenue for legacy media outlets these days. Presently the advertisements appear in the Cecil Whig, the county’s paper of record.
- County Code Officials are scheduled to return to meet with the board to continue the sprinkler discussion that started last Tuesday as they’ve had the building codes staff working to untangle code language related to sprinklers and duplexes.
- As it been on the agenda since about the first of the year now, perhaps the board will get around to “naming names” and make the appointments for the Citizen Budget Advisory Committee. It’s listed as a topic for discussion again.
- Finally, they’re going to adjourn for a closed session as the agenda says they will discuss